Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Beer Festival Week

Its finally here, the 2011 Southwell Beer Festival! To get you in the mood, we have found some interesting beer related poems! The festival is running on Friday 9th, Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th December. With ale, racing and live music at the end of the day, what more can you ask for! For the event we have an extra special offer. For just £20.00 each, you and a party of 8 will get entry the racecourse, five 1/2 pints of ale, racecard and also a pork or beef roll!

If you're coming along for just the racing, tickets start from just £11.00 for Grandstand entry, or £16.00 for the Premier Enclosure.

Lets hope its a great day!


Lines on Ale (1848), by Edgar Allen Poe (1809-1849)

Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain.
Quaintest thoughts, queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away.
What care I how time advances;
I am drinking ale today!


HOW DO I LOVE THEE?

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways?
I love cold beer 
on hot summer days.
I love small bottles
Of special brews.
I love a beer
When watching the news.
I love it dark
I love it bright
I love it at mid-day
I love it at night.
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
I love it best
When somebody else pays!

No comments:

Post a Comment